Thursday, May 21, 2015

The Nerve

Real quick, Ladies, maybe it’s me but have you noticed that a man’s expectations for us are different from what ours are for them? I know typical but I can’t with the comments they make about women like they walked out the door looking like they are ready for the Mercedes Benz fashion show in New York or they come to bed built like Tyson Beckford! Im confused. They have too many complaints for my liking. It’s either:
-whats up with your feet? (yours could use a pedicure or lift but okay)
-I like your complexion but being lighter or darker would have been better (talk to God about that one)
-I don’t like make-up (well I do)
-wearing bonnets/scarves to bed (Nigga I have to work in the A.M)
-certain colors on nails or toes (If I like it, let me be)
-the way we are built (Booty too flat, too skinny...whatever)
-the downplay of my natural sistas (everybody does not care for weave, heat, or perms..get over it)
-Her style of dress is not what every other female is wearing (I Am my own person and wear what I want, when I want and how)
I don’t understand it. Clearly that just shows her priorities are on what’s important and not the nonsense that isn’t because that’s what everyone else is doing. She just marches to the beat of a different drum. Anyway, lets go in for a minute on these men that always have something to say. The same dude looking at a female for how she is built almost always has that boney Wiz Khalifa body or fat albert, bone crusher type dude and package may be small. Yes, we still care about that fellas and since you can’t help how you’re built down there, shut up. How about the guys with the weird shaped heads….sometimes flat in the back, jacked up hairline, lumps all over the place or that unexplainable knot in the back of your head? That’s not cute buddy. How about rap and hip hop are not the only genres of music and love and respect being more important than fashion, how many different chicks you can get or how much money you have in the bank. A lot of men don’t wear what looks right on them or fits them properly but quick to put a female in her place about it. We pay attention to the way you guys do everything just like it’s done to us. But woman almost always get the short end of the stick!

I could go on but the point is made. Everybody has their flaws and certain ways they do things. Men (especially straight) should be the last to put women down and should do more uplifting. Maybe learning from their older counterparts could help. Older men compliment, they speak with just hello or good morning, and could care less what you look like in the home as long as in public you look good. Younger men are too picky and need to get a clue because if most of them strip, it ain’t a pretty sight and far worse than any female I know and don’t know! But carry on fellas ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What Happens In This House, Stays in This House

“What goes on in this house, stays in this house” Growing up, no matter what your ethnicity or religious background is, at some point you h...