Friday, April 14, 2017

Work Relationships...

We go to work everyday to make a living, extra income, new opportunities and learn a new skill. Along the way we meet new people, maybe experience seeing different cities, and learning how to work in a group setting on occasion. You then begin to realize, you see these people more than you see your own family or spouse! Sometimes it’s not always a good thing either lol. There’s always that one negative co-worker, the one who's too happy (not a bad thing but early in the a.m and being on 10 can be annoying), one who’s always having relationship troubles, the brown noser, the antisocial but always on the phone during the day texting or on a call during lunch breaks, and the parent who always discusses their children and their actions on a daily basis. Just to name a few. Then it goes to the outside of work activities.

It all starts in steps. Staying at work late with certain people all the time, to then getting drinks from the nearest pub, bar or lounge, then dinner dates, and then eventually to the homes we go. Cookouts, birthday parties for the kids, husbands watching the games together and maybe even double dating here and there. That to me is all good! By no means is there an issue with that. However, the issue I have and will not EVER do is meeting my spouse at work! I don’t know how the hell people do it! I want to be in my partner's world but to an extent. I want to know your working hard and doing your thing but I do not want to see it on a regular basis. I would get sick of the seeing this person to the point where I would feel going to our separate homes is space for us. Or if I’m mad at this person, have to see his ass allll day for 6-8 hours while I try to act as if he doesn’t exist lol. Petty moment number 1 and there’s plenty more where that came from!

The one thing that would really irritate me and I have heard of happening before is the flirting and dating other women in the office, professional setting, wherever you work. Um, no. You could get so caught up with someone that you might forget that even though there may be sex involved, they aren’t just yours! So you would have no choice but to hear stories of him dating other women from other people you work with, not him of course, and see it for yourself. At this point the choice is yours to figure out what you want to do but it’s definitely a hard decision to make when you’re feeling someone. That’s speaking from a typical woman's view. In my personal opinion, he can kick rocks and kiss every inch of my ass, as he has probably done already lol! But seriously, it’s a respect issue for me and if I’m not throwing other men in your face whether hearing it from me or not, then you shouldn’t. Sharing is not something grown people should do.

A girlfriend of mine went through the same thing. Now with her already being emotional, she let it go too far and got her feelings hurt. Now, I’m not being heartless but I feel you have to know who you are as a person before dealing with certain people. Period. If you know off hand from the beginning this person is full of shit and you fall easily, LEAVE THEM ALONE. It’s simple but people make life so complicated. Anyway, after he got what he wanted, he began acting differently and swerving her to no end. I felt bad at first but once she kept going on about it even after it was over, I got a little irritated. In my eyes it was done but she kept holding on and getting upset every chance she got from the thought of what he did. He didn’t care about her the way she did him and we seen it...she did not. Again, know who you are and what you want!

Back to work. I also feel when trying to get to know this person, you will hear most of it from co-workers running their mouths, most likely devaluing this person. So by the time you have a one on one, what wouldn’t you know? I guess what he looks like naked at this point lol. You would then have to worry about people being in ya’ll business if deciding to make it official. That’s annoying. Every little step he takes or whatever he does, they would be glad to tell you especially if it’s something concerning another woman. Petty moment number 2, aka will get somebody cussed out moment. So at this point, how do you really enjoy this kind of relationship? Yes, outside of work but what about at work? Of course keeping things professional and low-key is the key but people will know and I don’t know how much I would be able to take from the nosey co-workers with nothing to do. You know, the ones who have their own relationships, marriages, kids or anything else to worry about but they worry about you co-workers. So, yeah it’s safe to say...work relationships are the worst idea...in my opinion of course lol.
Until next time!
Dannie J.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What Happens In This House, Stays in This House

“What goes on in this house, stays in this house” Growing up, no matter what your ethnicity or religious background is, at some point you h...